FMSH Associate Research Directors (DEA) Program for Research in France
Created in 1975 upon the initiative of Fernand Braudel, in collaboration with the French Secretary of State for Universities, Department for Higher Education and Research, the DEA Programme (Directeurs d’Études Associés, or Associate Research Directors) is the oldest international mobility programme at Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme.
It provides funding to invite, from four to six weeks, international professors and senior researchers with a PhD, or equivalent, working in institutions of higher education and research, from all across the globe to come in France and enables them to carry out work in France (field enquiries, library work and archives).
A monthly allowance of 3 300 € is awarded for transport and stay expenses. In addition, FMSH provides support for visa applications and logistics (accommodation and access to libraries).
- The programme is intended solely for senior researchers, with a PhD or equivalent, and working in institutions of higher education and research.
- Applicants must be no older than 65 at the time of their stay.
- The research stay in France must be justified
Evaluation process and criteria
Projects will be evaluated according to those criteria :
- The quality of the scientific dossier and the methodology developed
- The relevance of a research stay in France regarding the scientific project
After a scientific expertise of the research projects, decisions regarding invitations are made by a commission made up of the FMSH president and scientific directors, as well as various specialists
Results will be communicated directly to applicants the latest by the end of November 2019.
Contents of the application and Calendar
- A curriculum vitae of 4 pages (including date of birth)
- A list of scientific publications
- A research project (4-5 pages) and a bibliography
- A letter of support by a French researcher is welcome
Applications shall be sent by July 10th 2019, 5:00 pm (Paris time).
Applications written in French or English should be sent via our online platform: http://programmes.msh-paris.fr
Once on the platform, in your online application for DEA, please select for the year of the call: “2020” and for the session of the call: “Mai-Juillet 2019”.
- Opening of the call: May 2nd 2019
- Deadline for application: July 10th 2019, 5:00 (Paris time)
- Selection process: July – October 2019
- Announcement of the results: End of November latest 2019
- Duration of the fellowship: From 1 month up to 6 weeks
- Stays starting date: From January 2nd until July 13th 2020 and from September 2nd to October 31st 2020 the latest
Stays are not possible from July 15th until August 31st (university vacations)
For further information or if you encounter difficulties, contact firstname.lastname@example.org