Falling Walls┋Female Science Talents INTENSIVE TRACK
The Female Science Talents Intensive Track goes into its third round! For the year 2024, we are looking for 20 exceptionally talented women in science from all disciplines to take part in our one-year intensive programme.
BENEFITS OF THE INTENSIVE TRACK
The Intensive Track programme provides selected candidates with multiple opportunities:
- Participate in two high-level landmark events in Berlin: the International Spring Gathering & International Fall Gathering as part of the Falling Walls Science Summit 2024, including travel scholarships for both events;
- Take part in a series of online and in-person skill-enhancement workshops on topics such as leadership, business building, grant applications and more;
- Peer exchange with fellow international young talents from all disciplines;
- Get unique opportunities for networking with Female Science Talents role models and women leaders in academia, politics, business and the media, including our official partners (Bayer, The Elsevier Foundation, Foundation Medicine, Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft);
- Get opportunities for networking and peer exchange with Falling Walls community members, including Falling Walls Venture, Falling Walls Engage and Falling Walls Lab;
- Become part an active part of the inspiring Female Science Talents community via events and related communications channels;
- Benefit from an increased reach and visibility via the Falling Walls website and social media channels;
- Opportunities for mentoring support with role models from academia, industry and related fields.
All PhD-students at the final stage of their research and postdocs or comparable qualification levels from all disciplines at university and non-university research institutions worldwide are eligible to participate.* We are looking for exceptional talents** who conduct inspiring research in their field.
Especially we are looking for:
- A personality who inspires, takes on new challenges and drives people around them.
- A visionary who recognizes changes and upheavals and breaks new ground. They employ innovative approaches and embraces risks to accomplish their objectives.
- A framer capable of steering scientific, economic, or social innovation in uncertain and complex environments.
*Master students are not eligible to apply.
**Female Science Talents uses an inclusive definition of women and welcomes submissions from cis and trans women, genderqueer and non-binary people.
- Successful candidates will be informed by the third week of December.
- The programme will kick off in late January 2024 and runs until late November 2024.
HOW TO APPLY
Please, send us the following documents for the application process:
Show us the most important stages of your life (tabular format, max. 4 pages).
LETTER OF MOTIVATION: Why do you think this programme is right for you?
- Tell us about yourself (300 characters limit incl. spaces)
- Tell us about your research (400 characters limit incl. spaces)
- Tell us about your goals and the vision for your career (400 characters limit incl. spaces)
- Tell us how our programme can help you achieve your goals (300 characters limit incl. spaces)
VIDEO: We are eager to know more about yourself. You have:
- Max. 3 minutes
- 1 opportunity to introduce yourself and your motivation.
The video is mandatory for the selection process. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
APPLICATION PERIOD: 16 October – 20 November 2023.
DEADLINE: 20 November 23.59 CET.
Please send us your CV and Letter of Motivation in one PDF file (max 5 MB), together with the video in MP4 format to email@example.com
You can also download the information here.