WiRe┋Women in Research
WiRe is a fellowship programme for international female postdoctoral researchers collaboratively funded by the DFG ("Research in Germany" campaign) and the WWU's Equal Opportunity Office. Our WiRe fellowship pays respect to the special needs of women in research, focusing on female Postdocs and Professors. WiRe considers different aspects that are crucial for the compatibility of life and work for women in research in order to strengthen them in their acadamic career persistence and advancement.
Our fellowships offer the opportunity to get to know the WWU within a self-chosen timeframe of 1 to 6 month, exploring research and development possibilities as well as the city itself and its facilities for accompanying family members. Funding, support structures, mentoring and workshops give an insight of future possibilities for top female scientists in Münster. In return, we expect our interntional fellows to help us create further awareness of the excellent and family-friendly research possibilities at the WWU.
Join the WWU within a self-chosen timeframe of 1 to 6 months, explore our excellent research and development possibilities as well as the city itself and its facilities for accompanying family members. In return, we expect you to help us create further awareness of the excellent and family-friendly research possibilities at the WWU.
What we want
- excellent international female Postdocs or Professors
- special focus on STEM-related fields (1st call: apply until May 15th), open to all subjects from 2nd call (apply until June 15th or September 30th) on
- develop ideas of how to spread word of your research project and experience at WWU
- involvement of a professor at WWU
What we offer
- fellowship of 2000 €/ per month
- for a period of 1 up to 6 months
- 500 € child care / family bonus per month possible
- additional funding for conference participation and printing costs available
- excellent research and career development opportunities
- full access to the support structures of our Welcome Centre
- access to all of the WWU’s communication channels and networks
- workshops and mentoring
- become part of our Research Alumni Programme and make use of its opportunities
- research project or idea of a research project in cooperation with a professor of WWU
- which can be executed during 1 – 6 months with a presentable result
- develop a strategy of how to spread word of your research/work/results/experience at WWU
- bring your family
How to apply
- Application form
- Letter of recommendation / intent of WWU professor
- CV (including your publication list with a maximum of 5 titles)
Please send the completed application form and the letter of intent of your supervisor at the WWU to: wire AT wwu.de.
Notice: Preference will be given to projects ending before march 2019
Deadlines for applications:
15.05.2018 / 15.06.2018 / 30.09.2018/