Bridge Fellowships at Zukunftskolleg Konstanz
The Zukunftskolleg offers up to five Zukunftskolleg Bridge Fellowships (any discipline represented at the University of Konstanz). The positions are available between March 1, 2017 to October 31, 2017 for a maximum of eight months.
This funding instrument follows three different aims:
- To contribute to the structural development of the University of Konstanz, by financing postdoctoral fellowships for new research initiatives at the University, which are in the process of formation (e.g. collaborative research centers, research groups).
- To enhance and develop existing research strengths of the University, by supporting postdoctoral researchers with distinctive and complementary research expertise, who can fill niches in ongoing projects.
- To support threatened foreign researchers by giving them the opportunity to be integrated into the German academic system.
Bridge Fellowships aim to support new research initiatives at the University which are in the process of formation (e.g. collaborative research centers, research groups), to enhance and develop existing research strengths of the University, by supporting postdoctoral researchers with distinctive and complementary research expertise who can fill niches in ongoing projects, or to support threatened foreign researchers by giving them the opportunity to be integrated into the German academic system. Applicants are expected to comply with at least one of the above mentioned aims.
Bridge Fellowships are available for a maximum of eight months. The Zukunftskolleg provides Bridge Fellows a professional infrastructure and an appropriate workplace for conducting research. The Bridge Fellows have the opportunity to benefit from a variety of career development measures, including the University of Konstanz’s Academic Staff Development and Research Support offices. Each Fellow is a member of both a University department and the Zukunftskolleg as an Associated Fellow.
Fellows have a work contract with the University of Konstanz. They participate actively in the regular weekly meetings ("Jour Fixe") of the Zukunftskolleg and have an opportunity to teach.
Bridge Fellows are eligible for
- Independent Research Grant
- Interdisciplinary Collaborative Projects Programme
- Non-Monetary Support
In order to be eligible, candidates must fulfill all of the eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must have a doctoral degree (PhD thesis submitted and defended) at the moment of the decision
- Applicants must propose a research project that ties in with a discipline represented at the University of Konstanz
Fellows are selected on the basis of their academic excellence, the quality and topicality of their research project outline, personal aptitude with regard to leadership and team skills, and interdisciplinary interest.
The applications will be discussed and evaluated by the Executive Committee of the Zukunftskolleg and the Committee on Research (Ausschuss für Forschungsfragen – AFF).