Center for Critical Korean Studies Post-doctoral Scholar
The Center for Critical Korean Studies will not have a postdoctoral fellow position for 2019-2020. We expect to host a postdoctoral fellow in 2020-2021. That position will be announced in January 2020.
The Center for Critical Korean Studies (CCKS) at the University of California, Irvine invites applications for a full-time, non-tenured, academic term appointment for Post-doctoral scholar position from September 1, 2017 to August 31, 2018. While in residence at the Center, the postdoc will:
- Work on an individual research project leading to publication as defined in the cover letter.
- Give a one public lecture or works-in-progress talk on campus during appointment period.
- Attend and co-organize CCKS-sponsored events, such as lectures, film screenings and symposia.
- Ph.D. in a humanities or social science and on a Korea-related research topic (graduated within the past seven years)
This position is full-time and includes benefits. Starting annual salary is $48,216. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
- Application must be submitted by April 30, 2017
- Candidate must have the proof of degree completion before the appointment begins on September 1, 2017.