CLIR Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
To be considered for 2020 Postdoctoral Fellowships, applicants must:
- have received a Ph.D. after January 1, 2015, but before beginning the fellowship;
- be legally permitted to work in the United States or Canada between 2020 and 2022 during the fellowship appointment;
- submit a complete application package, including all supporting documentation; and
- attend the program’s week-long mandatory seminar July 26 – August 1, 2020, at Bryn Mawr College in Bryn Mawr, PA.
New position descriptions are added to this list and to the CLIR+DLF Job Board as they become available. Candidates should check this page regularly for updates and can also follow @CLIRNews on Twitter. Applications will be forwarded to all potential host institutions, even institutions who create positions following the candidate application deadline.
- September 2019: Fellowship application period opens.
- January 10, 2020: Fellowship application deadline.
- January 28, 2020: CLIR staff will host a webinar for applicants at 1:00 pm US Eastern Time; applicants should register in advance for this session.
- February-June 2020: CLIR will forward all qualified applicants’ information to host institutions; each host institution conducts its own review process. The timeline and procedures for reviewing applications and for interacting with candidates vary widely from institution to institution. For details, see the Frequently Asked Questions.
- June-September 2020: Fellowships begin (exact dates vary by institution).
- July 26 – August 1, 2020: All fellows must attend a week-long intensive introductory seminar held at Bryn Mawr College.
Fellowship application deadline
Fellowship applications forwarded to all host institutions.
Target deadline for all 2020-2022 fellowship positions to be filled.
All applicants must create and verify an account on CLIR’s online application system. Application requirements include:
- a completed and submitted online application;
- a current curriculum vitae or resumé for the applicant;
- a short essay about the ways research methodologies and the dissemination of scholarship in the applicant’s field has changed in the past 25 years;
- names and contact information for three reference providers; and
- graduate school transcripts.
Note: Applicants must hit the “review and submit” button once the application is complete in order to submit. Following submission, each applicant should receive an email confirming that the application has been submitted.
CLIR reviews all submitted applications and forwards all qualified applicants’ information to all potential host institutions; each host institution conducts its own review process. The timeline and procedures for reviewing applications vary from institution to institution. Fellows are then hired directly by host institutions. For details, see the Frequently Asked Questions.
Additional questions about the application process or the program may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.