Cridaq Postdoctoral Fellowship on Democracy and Diversity
The members of the Centre de recherche interdisciplinaire sur la diversité et la démocratie (CRIDAQ) are offering, for the 2020-2021 academic year, a postdoctoral fellowship of $35,000 (gross salary), non-renewable. This fellowship must be used to carry out a project that falls within the scope of CRIDAQ’s research axes and themes under the supervision of one of its regular members in Québec.
- In order to apply, candidates must have defended their thesis by September 1, 2020;
- Candidates must have obtained their Ph.D after April 30, 2016;
- Candidates must have sufficient knowledge of French to participate in CRIDAQ activities;
- The doctoral thesis must not have been written under the supervision of a regular member of CRIDAQ.
CRIDAQ will offer to its fellow:
- A gross salary of $35,000;
- The opportunity to participate to the call for projects organized and financed by the Centre;
- An individual workstation;
- Access to the host university facilities;
- Assistance with the material organisation of the stay.
In return, the fellow is expected to:
- Pursue the research project for which the postdoctoral fellowship has been granted;
- Participate, on a regular basis, in the activities (workshops, seminars, conferences, colloquia) organized by the CRIDAQ host university;
- Present his/her current work to other researchers through the activities of the Center in the host university, as well as in at least one other partner university;
- Coordinate the Séminaire jeunes chercheur·e·s du CRIDAQ to be held in 2021;
- Ensure a regular presence on the premises of the university to which he/she is affiliated.
Applications will be evaluated according to the following criteria
- The quality of the research project submitted and its relevance to CRIDAQ’s mandate;
- The quality of the candidate’s previous research and his/her ability to benefit from/and contribute to the activities of the Center.
Candidates should send the following documents
- A letter of motivation, written in French, in which the candidate indicates the name of the regular member of CRIDAQ who has agreed to supervise his/her research.
- An email or letter from that member indicating his/her interest in supervising the canditate’s research;
- A curriculum vitae;
- A writing sample (book chapter, article or academic paper)); Note that the work submitted must be written in either French or English;
- A research proposal of about 1500 words;
- + Two letters of references (directly sent to the Centre by email before deadline: email@example.com)
- Deadline for applications: 17 January 2020, 5 p.m;
- Competition results: March 13, 2020;
- Duration of the internship: September 2020 to June 2021.