Graduate School of East Asian Studies Postdoctoral Research Fellowship (Main focus: Korea)
Graduate School of East Asian Studies at Freie Universitaet Berlin (Germany) is inviting applications for a postdoctoral research fellowship with a focus on Korea, beginning as soon as possible. The position is limited until 30 October 2017.
The Graduate School merges research in East Asian Studies (Japanese, Korean and Chinese Studies) with training in the social sciences (Political Science, Economics, Law, Social and Cultural Anthropology) as well as History and Cultural Studies. The training program is interdisciplinary with special emphasis on historically and culturally informed social science inquiry.
The post-doctoral position involves undertaking research in the context of the Graduate School's research focus on institutions in East Asia, coordinating teams of graduate student-researchers, and teaching a small semester-long seminar.
The salary will be based on the salary terms of E 13 TV-L in the German public sector.
- Completed PhD or doctorate by the time of appointment.
- Field open to any social-science discipline, e.g. anthropology, economics, history, political science, or sociology.
- Empirical research focus on Korea.
- Fluency in English and Korean.
- research focus on institutions
- experience in qualitative or quantitative research methods
- teaching experience