Norway > France┋Incoming Postdoctoral Fellowship
The Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme (FMSH) and the Research Council of Norway (NFR) offer short-term fellowships of one months in France for young researchers from Norway who have presented their thesis from 2012.
This research stay is designed to enable researchers to conduct research studies in France: field enquiries, library and archives work.
This call is part of the Atlas short-term postdoctoral mobility programme offered by the FMSH and its partners.
Laureates will receive a total stipend of 2 000 euros and travel costs will be covered. Besides The FMSH and the Norwegian University Centre in Paris (CUNP) also provide a scientific support and help for logistics (accommodation, letters for libraries, etc.).
- Nationality: This program is open to researchers originating from Norway and affiliated with an institution of higher education and research or a public or private research institute based in Norway.
- Educational Degree: Applicants must have obtained their PhD doctorate and presented their thesis from 2012. There is no age limit.
- Theme: Applicants must be involved in research in social and human sciences.
- Language : French or English depending on the project.
- French host institution: Before submitting their application, applicants will have to find a French research institution to host them for the time of their stay. Applicants will have to provide a letter from the hosting institution addressed to the FMSH and the NFR expressing the institution’s willingness to host the applicant during the time of fellowship and explaining the work conditions offered.
You don’t have French scientific contact yet or you haven’t found a research center to host you in France? Visit SHSlab where all French research centers are listed http://www.observatoire-shs.org/unites-de-recherche
At the end of their stay, laureates will have to provide the FMSH and the NFR with a report from 10 000 to 20 000 characters (spaces and notes included) presenting the work done during their stay and the benefits for their research project.
Applicants will be required to submit an online application form and a scientific dossier (research project + appendices). The online application form will be available on the FMSH website as of 2nd January 2018. Completed proposals can be uploaded to the application portal at any time before the application deadline of 16 March 2018, 17:00 (Paris time).
Online application and scientific dossier must be submitted in English.
Content of scientific dossier
The research proposal: the research proposal should consist in a short presentation from 10 000 characters to 20 000 characters (spaces and references included) composed with:
- State of art, problematic, objective and specific aim of the research project, methodology.
- A bibliography
- The detailed programme of the research stay (places and institutions to be visited, contacts, work plan).
- A Curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum)
- A list of publications
- A copy of the PhD diploma
- A letter from the director of the research institution in the country of origin
- A letter of invitation from the director of the host research institution in France expressing the institution’s willingness to host the applicant during the time of fellowship and explaining the work conditions they can offer
How to apply?
1. Reach the online application form and enter «Researcher Workspace».
2. You have to be registered on the online platform in order to use it. If you haven’t created an account yet, you will be asked to.
3. Create your profile by filling all your personal information and then enter “create a new application”.
4. Select “Programme Atlas incoming 2018” and then the specific call « FMSH-NFR: Norvège > France».
5. Fill all the information tabs.
6. In the “Documents” final tab, you will need to upload your research proposal and the appendices into one single PDF document:
- Research proposal
- Curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum)
- List of publications
- Copy of the PhD diploma
- Letter from the director of the research institution in Romania
- Letter of invitation from the director of the host research institution in France
7. You can save your application and complete it later several times if you wish, until the closure of the call for applications. Once you have submitted your application, you will no longer have the possibility to amend it. Once submitted, you will receive an automatic email confirming the submission. Applications not submitted, incomplete application forms or applications that do not match the above description will not be taken into account.
For any information on the platform or in case of you meet difficulties to use it, please contact email@example.com
Evaluation process and criteria
A selection committee composed with members of FMSH, CUNP and independent experts will analyse and proceed to final selection of applications regarding the following criteria:
- The quality of the scientific dossier and the methodology developed
- The relevance of a research stay in France regarding the scientific project and the candidate curricula
- The ability to identify scientific contacts in France
Candidates that have never benefited from the programme will be prioritized.
Candidates will be informed by email of the results at the end of April 2018.
- Opening of the call: 2nd January 2018
- Deadline for application: 16 March 2018, 17:00 (Paris time)
- Selection process: 16 March 2018 – mi-April 2018
- Announcement of the results: End of April 2018
Duration of the fellowship: 1 month
Fellowships periods of stay: From May to July or from September to December 2018. The Research stay must start no later than 1st November 2018.
Number of fellowship offered for this call: 1