Postdoctoral Research Fellowships in Taiwan Studies
Junior scholars who are affiliated with an accredited European university, who have received the Ph.D. degree within five years of the date of application, and who do not hold full-time salaried positions may apply for postdoctoral research fellowships. All applicants must have their doctoral degree in hand or submit proof of the completion of their thesis defense. The maximum amount of each grant is EUR21,000 per year.
Preference will be given to postdoctoral fellows who are affiliated with and supported by an established center or association of Chinese Studies other than the one at which they completed the Ph.D. PD grants may be used either to revise a doctoral dissertation for publication or to start a new research project, but in principle thesis revision grants will be limited to one year. Towards the end of the first year of a two-year grant, the progress of the research will be evaluated to determine whether it merits continued support. Priority will be given to collaborative projects involving institutions in Taiwan. Projects on Taiwan Studies are especially encouraged.
- Applications must be submitted to our online application database. E-mail and paper applications will not be accepted. Applications may be submitted every year from December 1 to January 15 of the following year. To begin the application process, please click here).
- Each application should include the following steps, which includes the on-line submission of the applicant’s personal information, basic project data, and project abstract. In addition, you may only submit one PDF file. Please combine all relevant documents into a file no larger than 5 MB.
Items to be submitted with the electronic application
- Detailed project description (approximately 7 pages, including one-page bibliographic essay on sources used, plus an appended bibliography of primary sources and secondary scholarship related to the dissertation not exceeding 70 items, any format acceptable)
- Itemized budget
- Letter of agreement from dapartment head of applicant's affiliated institution
- Curriculum vitae.
Items to be mailed/e-mailed directly to the Foundation
- Two letters of recommendation, including one by the dissertation advisor, should be mailed to the Foundation’s Taipei Headquarters (submitted in sealed envelopes signed by the recommending professor). Alternatively, the professor may e-mail a PDF of the signed letter to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline for Postdoctoral Research Fellowships applications is January 15.
- Final results will be announced in early June.
- The Foundation does not provide a written critique for unsuccessful applications.
Tel : +886-2-2704-5333 ext.19
E-mail : email@example.com