Russia, Bielorussia and Moldavia > France┋ATLAS Incoming Postdoctoral Fellowships
The Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme (FMSH), with the support of the Frech Ministery of Higher Education and Research, offers short-term fellowships of two or three months in France for postdoctoral researchers from Belarus, Moldova and Russia who have defended their thesis no earlier than 2018.
This research stay is designed to enable researchers to conduct research studies in France: field enquiries, library and archives work.
This call is part of the Atlas short-term postdoctoral mobility programme offered by the FMSH and its partners.
Laureates will receive a monthly stipend of 1700€. This financial contribution is intended to cover expenditures such as transport, accommodation, living and insurance costs.
Besides, the FMSH provides support for visa and logistical support to organise the stay (possibility to have a workspace, letter to access libraries,...).
Nationality: This program is open to researchers originating from Belarus, Moldova or Russia (nationality is a requirement) and affiliated with an institution of higher education and research or a public or private research institute based in one of these countries. Russian and Belarusian researchers who are abroad and/or who have lost their institutional affiliation as a result of the current conflict are also eligible.
Educational Degree: Applicants must have obtained their PhD doctorate (“Kandidat” thesis) and presented their thesis from 2018.
Theme: Applicants must be involved in research in the social sciences and humanities.
French host institution: Before submitting their application, applicants will have to find a French research institution to host them for the time of their stay. Applicants will have to provide a letter from the hosting institution addressed to the FMSH expressing the institution’s willingness to host the applicant during the time of fellowship and explaining the work conditions offered.
At the end of their stay, laureates will have to provide the FMSH with a report presenting the work done during their stay and the benefits for their research project.
Applicants will be required to submit an online application form and a scientific dossier (research project + appendices). The online application form will be available on the FMSH website as of January 15th 2024. Completed proposals can be uploaded to the application portal at any time before the application deadline of March 18th 2024, 17:00 (Paris time).
Online application and scientific dossier can be submitted in French or English.
Content of scientific dossier
The research proposal: the research proposal should consist in a short presentation from 10 000 characters to 20 000 characters (spaces and references included) composed with:
- State of the art, research questions or hypothesis, objective and specific aim of the research project, plan of analysis and methodology;
- A bibliography:
- The detailed programme of the research stay (places and institutions to be visited, contacts, workplan).
- A Curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum);
- A list of 5 publications;
- A copy of applicant’s PhD diploma;
- A letter from the director of the research institution in the country of origin (if applicable);
- A letter of invitation from the director of the host research institution in France expressing the institution’s willingness to host the applicant during the time of fellowship and explaining the work conditions they can offer.
How to apply?
- Reach the online application form and enter «Researcher Workspace».
- You have to be registered on the online platform in order to use it. If you haven’t created an account yet, you will be asked to.
- Create your profile by filling all your personal information and then enter “create a new application”.
- Select “Programme Atlas incoming 2024” and then the specific call «FMSH: Bélarus, Moldavie, Russie > France (2e appel) ».
- Fill in all the information tabs.
- In the “Documents” final tab, you will need to upload your research proposal and the appendices into one single PDF document:
- Research proposal
- Curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum)
- List of publications
- Copy of the PhD diploma
- Letter from the director of the research institution in your country (if applicable)
- Letter of invitation from the director of the host research institution in France
You can save your application and complete it later several times if you wish, until the closure of the call for applications. Once you have submitted your application, you will no longer have the possibility to amend it. Once submitted, you will receive an automatic email confirming the submission. Applications not submitted, incomplete application forms or applications that do not match the above description will not be taken into account.
For any information on the platform or in case of technical difficulties to use it, please contact Mr. Hammou Fadili at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Evaluation process and criteria
A selection committee composed by members of FMSH and independent experts will analyse and proceed to final selection of applications regarding the following criteria:
- The quality of the scientific dossier and the methodology developed
- The relevance of a research stay in France regarding the scientific project and the candidate curriculum vitae
- The ability to identify scientific contacts in France
Candidates that have never benefited from the programme will be prioritized.