Türkiye Scholarships Research Program
The program is designed to encourage international researchers and academics to carry out collaborative academic research in their own fields with Turkish academicians in the most prestigious Turkish universities.
How to Apply
Applications can only be made individually through www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr by the candidates.
There are no institutions or persons authorized to apply for Türkiye Scholarships.
- Candidates are strongly advised to carefully read the instructions and warnings in the application system.
- Applicants are required to submit and upload the necessary documents to the application system.
- Applications delivered by post, courier, or by hand will not be accepted.
- Applications are free of charge. Please do not entertain any third party institutions or persons who offer to make an application on behalf of you in exchange for a fee.
- Türkiye Scholarships include both scholarship and university placement at the same time. Applicants will be placed in a university and program among their 12 preferences which they choose in the application system
All candidates must submit the following documents during online application:
- A valid National Identification Document OR a valid Passport
- A recent Photo of the candidate (Please note that the photo you upload into the Application system must be a proper portrait of yourself, candidate photos which are not identifiable will undermine the evaluation of your application)
- National exam scores (required for candidates who do not possess any international qualification or certification)
- Diploma or temporary certificate of Graduation
- Academic transcripts (online screenshots and uncertified transcripts will undermine the evaluation of your application)
- International exam scores (GRE, GMAT, DELF, YDS, YÖS …etc. if required by the chosen university & program)
- Language test scores (if required by the chosen university & program)
- A research proposal and an example of your written work (for PhD applicants only)
Most programs in Turkish universities are instructed in Turkish. However, some departments and universities offer programs in English or other languages. Candidates who wish to study in these programs need to have an internationally recognized language certificate to prove their language proficiency (TOEFL and other equivalent certificates). Most of these programs require international admission test scores such as GRE, GMAT, SAT etc. Candidates can check the language of instruction while selecting the programs in the application system.
Undergraduate candidates who possess International qualifications such as SAT or GCSE instead of national exam scores, will need to provide the minimum required qualifications needed for completing secondary school according to these international exams.
All Türkiye Scholarships awardees who do not possess C1 Level Certificate for Turkish Proficiency (including those who are placed into English or other language taught programs) must attend a 1-year Turkish Preparatory Course and attain the C1 Level Certificate by the end of their academic year.
Amount of the grant
Monthly Stipend: 3.000 TL per month. Research scholarship does not cover accommodation and other amenities.
Evaluation and Selection Porcess
Türkiye Scholarships applications are assessed on the basis of academic success, extra-curricular activities and other professional credentials of the candidate. In the evaluation process of the applications, candidates will be evaluated based on their eligibility to the application criteria of the program applied for as well as their academic and social achievements.
All applications are reviewed based on basic criteria such as minimum academic grades, age limit, required documents etc.
Applications of eligible candidates are carefully reviewed by Expert committees based on a broad set of criteria including academic standing, previous qualifications, academic interests, career goals, consistency of choices, clarity of letter of intent, participation in social activities ...etc. After which a list of qualified candidates is shortlisted for interviews.
The shortlisted candidates are interviewed in more than 100 countries by interview committees including academicians and experts.
Interviews usually last 15-30 minutes and are conducted in the following format:
- Welcome and introduction
- Document check
- Candidate’s motivation for applying
- Academic knowledge and career goals
- Ending and questions to the committee
Please note that the interview is not indicative of whether the candidate will be selected or not.
Note: Candidates who are selected for interviews must bring all transcripts, documents and certificates of each year they have studied if they have not graduated yet.
Interview results of candidates nominated by the interview committees are evaluated by a selection committee and a list of candidates to be awarded a scholarship are formed. This final evaluation stage will assess the overall eligibility and suitability of the candidate for Türkiye Scholarships.