YOUNG TALENTS SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA L’OREAL-UNESCO FOR WOMEN IN SCIENCE
Find out more about the current edition of the Sub-Saharan Africa regional program.
It starts on February the 1st and continues for 8 weeks until March the 24th midnight (local time Paris).
It starts on February 1st and continues for 8 weeks until March 24th midnight local time (Paris).The evaluation period is from April the 5th to June the 13th.
- FEBRUARY 2, 2023Start of the call for application/nomination
- MARCH 24, 2023Closing of the call for application/nomination
- JULY 3, 2023Candidates' final selection
Partnership with UNESCO
AWARD(S) OF THE PRIZE
- 15 endowments for doctoral students and 5 for post-doctoral students.
AMOUNT PER ENDOWMENT
- €10.000 for doctoral students.
- €15.000 for post-doctoral students.
MAIN ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Be a PhD student or have obtained a PhD in the following scientific fields: Life and Environmental sciences, Physical sciences, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer and information sciences (2nd year at least)
- Be from one of the 48 countries in the sub-Saharan African region, and work in a research laboratory or institution in one of the countries of the region, or be enrolled in a University in one of the 49 countries of the region (including South Africa).
- Be from one of the 49 countries in the sub-Saharan African region (including South Africa) and work in a research laboratory or institution in one of the 48 countries of the region, or be enrolled in a University in one of the 48 countries of sub-Saharan Africa.
Therefore, applicants originally from South Africa doing their research in South Africa are not eligible for this programme.
- Scientific excellence of the research project
- Quality of the application
- Ability to communicate and promote science
INITIAL LAUNCH DATE
TOTAL NUMBER OF ENDOWMENTS AWARDED SINCE LAUNCH
Kindly find attached the poster 2023 FWIS Africa 2023 call for application
Kindly find attached the regulations 2023 FWIS AFRICA REGULATIONS