Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine (Ireland) (DAFM)
In carrying out its mandate the Department undertakes a variety of functions including:
- Policy advice and development on all areas of Departmental responsibility.
- Representation in international especially EU and national negotiations.
- Development and implementation of national and EU schemes in support of Agriculture, Food, Fisheries, Forestry and Rural Environment.
- Monitoring and controlling aspects of Food Safety.
- Control and audit of public expenditure under its control.
- Regulation of the agriculture, fisheries, and food industries through national and EU legislation.
- Monitoring and controlling animal and plant health and animal welfare.
- Monitoring and direction of State Bodies engaged in the following areas - research training and advice - market development and promotion- industry regulation and development- commercial activities.
- Direct provision of support services to Agriculture, Fisheries, Food and Forestry.
Europe : Ireland
Non French Institutions : Public research coordinating or funding body