Stanford Center for Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies (CREEES)
The Center for Russian, East European & Eurasian Studies is Stanford University's hub for the interdisciplinary study of a vast region stretching from the Berlin Wall to the Bering Strait.
CREEES objectives include:
- training an annual cohort of master’s students in Russian, East European & Eurasian Studies
- supporting undergraduate and graduate students throughout campus, especially in regards to funding for research and langauge study
- hosting renowned area specialists for guest teaching, lectures, and conferences
- developing endowed lecture series, conferences, and public events
- promoting language study
- expanding the area studies curriculum
- supporting community outreach activities
CREEES is funded by endowments from institutional grants and individual donors, annual operational support from the university, and Title VI funding.