PIASt Warsaw Research Fellowships
The Polish Institute of Advanced Studies PIASt invites applications for 5- or 10-month research fellowships, starting their residencies from October 2019.
At the time of the application, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Poland for more than 6 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the reference date – October 31st, 2019 (short stays such as holidays do not count).
Applications are open to active researchers at two stages of their careers:
- juniors/postdocs, who have obtained their PhD in the last 10 years and have subsequent working experience as researchers for at least three years priot to the application date (PhD training is not considered in the calculation of research experience) – 4 fellowships;
- seniors/professors, who have minimum 10 years of full-time research experience after obtaining a PhD – 8 fellowships.
The Institute attaches great importance to the quality and fairness of its selection process. All applications go through a four-stage procedure:
- 1/ formal preselection process to assess the eligibility and completeness of documents by the Institute’s staff;
- 2/ peer-reviewing by independent assessors;
- 3/ ranking by the international Scientific Advisory Board responsible for the final selection of successful fellows;
- 4/ singing individual Host Agreements.
The deadline for applications within this call is October 31st, 2019, 12 o'clock (noon) GMT. Late applications will not be considered.
Before applying, please read carefully all instructions because late or incomplete applications will not be considered!