University of Bordeaux Visiting Scholars
Objective: welcoming internationally renowned researchers and lecturers to share their experience and set up international collaborations and partnerships.
The University of Bordeaux is opening Visiting scholars positions. The aim of this program is to enable high-level, internationally-reputed scholars to visit the University of Bordeaux or one of the partnering institutions of IdEx Bordeaux and develop an academic collaborative project in research, education, or at institutional level.
This program is open to all fields, but particular attention will be devoted to candidates promoting projects:
- that fall within the scientific priorities of IdEx Bordeaux, or are at the junction between them;
- that are pedagogically innovative;
- that strengthen collaboration with dedicated partnering universities.
Eligible candidates are fellows meeting the following criteria:
- excellent record of scientific, academic or institutional achievements;
- employed by a non-French institution;
- bearing the title of professor, assistant professor or equivalent in their institution of origin;
- supported by an education or research unit from the University of Bordeaux or one of the IdEx partners (assistance in finding an appropriate host unit may be provided);
- proposing a project with a clear impact in terms of the site’s education, research and international policy;
- upper age limit of scholars at the moment of the end of the appointment: 65 years.
In the framework of this program, IdEx Bordeaux will finance stays going from 1 to 10 months. The Visiting scholars program does not fund short visits (<1 month).
Visits must be programmed to start between October 2019 and August 2020 and run in consecutive weeks.
Financial support from IdEx Bordeaux will include the scholar’s salary (equivalent to a French professor’s salary), as well as travel expenses (round-trip from the fellow’s place of residence).
Applications should be submitted through the dedicated online platform.
The overriding selection criteria are first the academic standing and achievements of the visitor in terms of research and teaching, and second the potential benefits to the receiving institution in terms of skills and expertize. Application documents, and particularly the letter of support of the director of the host structure, should clearly argue on these points.
- April 19 2019: start of the application process.
- May 17 2019: deadline for applications.
- July 2019: publication of results.
- From October 2019 to August 2020: start of the visits.