A.SK Post-doctoral Fellowships in Social Science
The WZB Berlin Social Science Center (Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin für Sozialforschung) invites applications for the A.SK Post-doctoral Fellowships 2021.
The fellowships support research on public policy with a focus on economic and governmental reforms. 3 Fellowships will be awarded for the duration of up to 12 months and can be taken up in 2021 or 2022. Monthly stipends amount to € 2,400.
Please submit applications to the WZB (including a cover letter, a CV, a copy of your PhD certificate or suitable alternative proof of having completed your PhD, a list of your publications and unpublished papers) by February 15, 2021, along with two letters of recommendation (to be sent separately by your referees). Applications should also include a work plan of one page outlining the schedule of the research project to be conducted by means of the A.SK fellowship. The applications should be written in English and be sent to email@example.com (max 4 MB).
In the spirit of the A.SK mission statement, the WZB honors research presenting new ideas on economic reform and government reform in a global perspective, such as:
Ideas on governmental reforms, e.g.
- civil society and the contribution of non-governmental organizations to democratic and effective governance
- the potential of multi-level democracies
- preconditions of good governance in state and society,
Ideas on economic reforms, e.g.
- the role of entrepreneurs and competitive cooperation for economic well-being and development
- the micro- and macroeconomic features of systems which allow employees to participate more in the ownership of their companies through ownership components of salaries
- the allocative and distributive qualities of systems where individual land ownership rights are limited to long-term leases,
- the possibilities for the financial sector to have more direct links to the national production of goods and services in order to prevent monetary instabilities and speculative deformations.
The post-doctoral fellowships are part of the A.SK Academic Prize program which also includes the A.SK Social Science Award awarded bi-annually to outstanding research on social and governmental reform. The prizes are named after their sponsors Angela and Shu Kai Chan.
International applicants are very welcome to apply. Fellowships may be non-resident or combined with an affiliation at the WZB. Any residency at the WZB needs to be cleared with the intended host research unit at the WZB. Please attach a corresponding letter of invitation to your application.
Dr. Katrin Schwenk
Senior Officer for Networking and Development
Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin für Sozialforschung
Phone +49 - 30 - 25491 – 535
Telefax +49 - 30 - 25491 - 514