Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowships
This programme aims to support suitably qualified applicants in any discipline to pursue a postdoctoral fellowship at an eligible higher education institution in Ireland. Fellows will hold a Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship. These fellowships can be held for either one or two years.
An applicant must have either graduated or have been certified as having fulfilled all the requirements for the award of a doctoral degree, including the submission of the hardbound corrected thesis, within the five year period between 31 May 2015 and 31 May 2020.
What we offer
- a salary of €31,275 per annum
- employer’s PRSI contribution of €3,425 per annum (10.95% of salary)
- employer’s pension contribution, where applicable, of €6,255 per annum (20% of salary)
- eligible direct research expenses of €5,000 per annum
How to apply
All participants must create and submit their forms via the online system. Guides on how to submit your application on the online system will be made available when the call opens.
- FAQ deadline16:00 (Irish time) 20 November 2019
- Applicant deadline16:00 (Irish time) 27 November 2019
- Mentor and referee deadline16:00 (Irish time) 4 December 2019
- Research office endorsement deadline16:00 (Irish time) 11 December 2019
- Call outcome : May 2020
- Fellowship start date : 1 October 2020
Please note that the timings and the application forms provided here are indicative and may be subject to change.
If you do not find the answer to your query in the call documentation, you should contact the research office in your proposed institution which will provide information and clarification on the call. Research offices can send any queries they are unable to clarify to email@example.com.