MOVE-IN Louvain Post-doc Fellowships
"MOVE-IN Louvain" Incoming post-doc Fellowships is a transnational fellowship programme developed by the Université catholique de Louvain (UCL) in partnership with the Université de Namur (UNamur) and the Université Saint-Louis (USL-B) with the support of the European Commission (Marie Curie actions).
In line with the European Research Area (ERA) objectives, the programme’s goal is to create favourable conditions for transnational mobility of highly skilled researchers. In respect for the EURAXESS principles, fellows will be selected through a transparent selection process carried out, notably, by independent experts.
The programme lasts five years and covers three calls for proposals. Depending on the length of the stay of the successful applicants, around 53 fellowships are foreseen to be awarded for each call. Opening date of the third call is October 3rd, 2016, and closing date January 4th, 2017.
The programme will last five years, issuing three calls for proposals. Depending on the duration of the stay of the candidates retained for funding, about 53 fellowships will be granted per call. The third call is open since October 3rd, 2016.
The programme, which is targeted at incoming researchers, aims at reinforcing the international dimension of the three partner institutions (UCL, UNamur and USL-B) by supporting highly-qualified post-docs from abroad. The ultimate ambition is to build scientific and technological (S&T) collaborations and long-lasting networks between the respective research fields.
The programme is based on a bottom-up approach as all research fields are eligible (Sciences and Technology, Humanities and Social Sciences, and Health Sciences). The stay should cover 12 up to 24 months. The project will start maximum 12 months after the call deadline.
The exchanges must take place in a research unit of one of the three host institutions, namely:
- Université catholique de Louvain (Louvain-la-Neuve, Brussels, Tournai, Mons and Charleroi);
- Université de Namur (Namur);
- Université Saint-Louis - Bruxelles (Brussels).
“MOVE-IN Louvain” Incoming post-doc Fellowships are addressed to:
- Experienced researchers holding a doctoral degree (PhD) or having at least 4 years of full-time equivalent research experience;
- Researchers with a maximum of 6 years of post-doc experience;
- Researchers in mobility condition: who have not resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Belgium for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the starting date of the research project.
All nationalities are eligible.
The fellowship includes:
- A net monthly allowance, taking into account the experience of the fellow (average in 2016 with 2 years of working experience: EUR/month 2,311.36);
- The personal liability insurance costs;
- The contribution to the National Office of Social Security (NOSS);
- A bench fee of EUR/year 5,000 for laboratory-based research or EUR/year 2,500 for non-laboratory based research;
- Travel allowance: this amount will be calculated taking into account the country of origin of the candidate (depending on the country, it could range from EUR/year 250 to EUR/year 2,000).