ALLIANCE PROGRAM SHORT-TERM FACULTY EXCHANGE
COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY — ECOLE POLYTECHNIQUE
SHORT TERM VISITING PROFESSORSHIPS IN NEW YORK OR IN PARIS
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS - ACADEMIC YEAR 2023-2024
DEADLINE: 5 February 2023
The Alliance Program is calling for applications for short-term visiting professorships (1– 2 months) to Columbia University and Ecole Polytechnique. In the academic year 2023-2024., 4 positions will be offered:
Two faculty members from Columbia University will be selected to run a graduate seminar and deliver one public lecture in English at Ecole Polytechnique.
Two faculty members from Ecole Polytechnique will be selected to run a graduate seminar and deliver one public lecture in English at Columbia University.
- Applicants must be current faculty members of either Columbia University or Ecole Polytechnique. For Columbia faculty members, the visiting professorship program is open to all full-time Columbia University tenure-track and tenured faculty.
- When applicable, Alliance Visiting Professors continue to receive their salary from their home institution. In addition to their salary an additional compensation for accommodations and living expenses is paid to help cover the costs of the visit. The host university is not responsible for accommodation arrangements for the visiting faculty. The additional compensation varies according to the seniority of the faculty member. Please note that, for visiting professors going to France, French law does not allow the payment of an additional compensation to faculty members over the age of 65.
- Alliance Short-Term Visiting Professors are expected to run one graduate seminar and deliver one public lecture in English at the host institution.
- Applications should be discussed with a faculty member at the host institution to agree on the content of the graduate seminar and lecture to be delivered and the dates on which they will be scheduled
- Application materials include the following documents and must be submitted in English on the application form at https://alliance.columbia.edu/form/visiting-professorship-applicati:
- A statement of interest, including expected benefits for both institutions, potential long-term impact (student exchange opportunities, joint publications, joint research funding applications, development of dual degree programs)
- A short description of the seminar and lecture to be delivered, including field, course level and the theme of the lecture
- A full CV, including list of publications
- A letter of invitation from the department/School or the faculty member sponsoring your visit signed by the Chair or the Dean
- A letter of support from the relevant head of department or dean of the applicant’s home institution
- Preference will be given to applicants who are working or planning to work on a joint research project with colleagues at the host university. If relevant, please include a 1-page description of your research project.
- Applications should include the name of a faculty member or administrative contact at the host institution.
Date de candidature