2nd call for proposals for CIVIS Hub 1 activities: climate, environment and energy
The second call for proposals for CIVIS hub 1 activities invites Academics and Researchers from CIVIS member universities to submit a project proposal on climate, environment and energy.
This call aims at developing joint educational and research initiatives among the CIVIS member universities and welcomes the following initiatives:
- new proposals fulfilling the 3-partner criterion
- proposals submitted for the first call (see below) but with additional partners to ensure fulfilment of the 3-partner criterion.
The Hub 1 Council received 99 proposals for activities in response to the first call for proposals. Most of these proposals concern activities for which additional partners are needed to meet the 3-partner criterion for CIVIS activities. For this reason, we are now publishing a second call, specifically for activities which meet this criterion.
Hub 1 initiatives will be organized into a framework which is partly based on focal challenges defined by Future Earth. This framework encompasses research-oriented education and knowledge-action education pathways that target the following focal challenges:
- Deliver energy, water, and food for all
- Decarbonise socio-economic systems to stabilise the climate
- Safeguard the terrestrial, freshwater and marine natural assets
- Increase resilience and promote sustainable transformations
- Create fundamental knowledge about climate, environment and energy
We welcome proposals for education and research activities. Our objective is to foster synergies among Education and R&I. The activities can, for example, include courses, summer schools, workshops, semesters, project supervision and research exchanges. The proposed activities could include training & research projects with students as well as workshops/meetings of academic staff to develop future joint academic & research activities.
Proposals must be submitted using the template below (see section: application form).
The completed application should be sent to email@example.com by 1 February 2021.