The AXA Chair is the premium funding scheme of the AXA Research Fund. It aims at :
- creating a dedicated full-time senior academic position in an institution
- supporting a significant acceleration in the development of a research field
- fostering a step-change in the career of the appointed AXA Professor
Academic Institutions located within countries belonging to the AXA Community are invited to apply. Please access the list of eligible countries here.
The prospective Chairholder is expected to be at least PhD + 10 years minimum, to be of the highest caliber and should have demonstrated outstanding research achievements.
The research program should demonstrate its scientific originality and innovative nature.
How to Apply?
Step 1: Expression of interest
Please submit prospective chairholder’s name, PhD date, title of the research program and one-page description of the research project to email@example.com
Step 2: Full application
Please submit a full application in English by the deadline. Application received after the deadline won’t be eligible.
Step 3: Rebuttal
Candidates will have the opportunity to respond the reviewers' comments before their application are submitted to the AXA Research Fund's Scientific Board.
Step 4: Video presentation
A 3 minutes video presentation of the prospective Chairholder and of the research program.
Spring campaign – April 2019
- Expression of interest - April 22, 2019
- Full application - June 14, 2019
- Rebuttal - September 9-16, 2019
- Video presentation - October 21, 2019
- Results announcement - November 30, 2019
Fall campaign – November 2019
- Expression of interest - September 18 - October 21, 2019
- Full application - November 26, 2019
- Rebuttal - February 13-20, 2020
- Video presentation - March 16, 2020
- Results announcement - April 30, 2020