Fund┋it is part of the Plan national pour les SHS, published in July 2016 by the French Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation (MESRI, Les S.H.S., un investissement pour l'avenir). Fund┋it has been conceived and developped by the Réseau français des instituts d’études avancées (RFIEA) foundation, within the Alliance Athena framework and in partnership with the Fondation Maison des sciences de l’Homme (FMSH) and supported by the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS).
Fund┋it is funded by the MESRI's Direction générale de la recherche et de l'innovation, within the framework of the Plan national pour les SHS, 2016, and by the Labex RFIEA+ (Investissements d'Avenir programme, run by the French National Research Agency (ANR)).
Internationalising SSH research
Fund┋it is an answer to internationalisation concerns expressed by Alliance Athéna for Social Sciences and Humanities and MESRI.
It has four main goals:
- assisting the international research community in finding calls for applications in the social sciences and humanities;
- enhancing the contribution to European and international calls for projects;
- encouraging research mobility within Europe and worldwide;
- increasing the attractiveness of France as a research destination.
Fund┋it collects and presents on a single site all research grants and fellowships (post-PhD) available for scholars in the social sciences and humanities. It is addressed to
- Postdocs, senior scholars and advanced graduate students from outside France wishing to come to France;
- French postdocs, senior scholars and advanced graduate students wishing to go abroad or to find funding opportunities.