WORLD > FRANCE┋INCOMING POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS (IMPEDED RESEARCH)
Postdoctoral fellowship | Until December 9th, 2022
The FMSH reinforces its mission to support intellectual communities evolving in countries marked by various obstacles to academic freedom. This call is dedicated to applications from researchers whose fields and research are impeded.
This call will remain open beyond the closing date for the researchers affected by the Russian war in Ukraine.
The Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme (FMSH) offer short-term fellowships of two or three months in France for international postdoc researchers who have presented their thesis from 2017. This research stay is designed to enable researchers to conduct research studies in France: field enquiries, library and archives work.
This call is part of the Atlas short-term postdoctoral mobility programme offered by the FMSH and its partners.
Laureates will receive a monthly stipend of 1600€. This financial contribution is intended to cover expenditure such as transport and accommodation costs.
Besides, the FMSH provide support for visa and logistical support to organise the stay (possibility to have a workspace, letter for the libraries...).
Context: Working under difficult political conditions and being impeded in his/her research work.
Educational Degree: This program is open to researchers affiliated with an institution of higher education and research or a public or private research institute and applicants must have obtained their PhD doctorate and presented their thesis from 2017.
Theme: Applicants must be involved in research in social and human sciences.
French host institution: Before submitting their application, applicants will have to find a French research institution to host them for the time of their stay. Applicants will have to provide a letter from the hosting institution addressed to the FMSH expressing the institution’s willingness to host the applicant during the time of fellowship and explaining the work conditions offered.
At the end of their stay, laureates will have to provide the FMSH with a report presenting the work done during their stay and the benefits for their research project.
Applicants will be required to submit an online application form and a scientific dossier (research project + appendices). The online application form will be available on the FMSH website as of September 19th 2022. Completed proposals can be uploaded to the application portal at any time before the application deadline of December 9th 2022, 17:00 (Paris time).
Online application and scientific dossier can be submitted in French or English.
Content of scientific dossier
The research proposal: the research proposal should consist in a short presentation from 10 000 characters to 20 000 characters (spaces and references included) composed with:
- State of art, problematic, objective and specific aim of the research project, methodology.
- A bibliography
- The detailed programme of the research stay (places and institutions to be visited, contacts, workplan).
- A Curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum).
- A list of publications.
- A copy of the PhD diploma.
- A letter explaining the political situation in which the candidate is and the reasons for which the realization of his/her research is hindered. This information will be strictly confidential and anonymized as part of the expertise of the application.
- A letter of invitation from the director of the host research institution in France expressing the institution’s willingness to host the applicant during the time of fellowship and explaining the work conditions they can offer.
How to apply?
- Reach the online application form and enter «Researcher Workspace».
- You have to be registered on the online platform in order to use it. If you haven’t created an account yet, you will be asked to.
- Create your profile by filling all your personal information and then enter “create a new application”.
- Select “Programme Atlas incoming 2023” and then the specific call « FMSH- Impeded research > France ».
- Fill all the information tabs.
- In the “Documents” final tab, you will need to upload your research proposal and the appendices into one single PDF document:
- Research proposal
- Curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum)
- List of publications
- Copy of the PhD diploma
- Letter of invitation from the director of the host research institution in France
- A letter explaining the political situation in which the candidate is and the reasons for which the realization of his/her research is hindered
7. You can save your application and complete it later several times if you wish, until the closure of the call for applications. Once you have submitted your application, you will no longer have the possibility to amend it. Once submitted, you will receive an automatic email confirming the submission. Applications not submitted, incomplete application forms or applications that do not match the above description will not be taken into account.
For any information on the platform or in case of you meet difficulties to use it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Evaluation process and criteria
A selection committee composed with members of FMSH and independent experts will analyse and proceed to final selection of applications regarding the following criteria:
- The quality of the scientific dossier and the methodology developed
- The relevance of a research stay in France regarding the scientific project and the candidate curricula
- The ability to identify scientific contacts in France
Candidates that have never benefited from the programme will be prioritized.
Candidates will be informed by email of the results in February 2023.
- Opening of the call: 19th September 2022
- Deadline for application: 9th December 2022, 17:00 (Paris time)
- Selection process: January–February 2023
- Announcement of the results: February 2023
- Duration of the fellowship: 2 or 3 months
- Fellowships periods of stay: From March to July or from September to December 2023. The Research stay must start no later than October 15th 2023.
- Number of months offered for this call: 18
FMSH: M. Vlad BERINDEI: email@example.com