Center of International Projects (CIP) (Moldova)
The Center of International Projects (CIP), is an auxiliary public institution of the Academy of Sciences of Moldova (ASM), which promotes and manages bilateral and multilateral programs in science and innovation launched within Cooperation Agreements between ASM and various international organizations and foundations. Since its inception, CIP has managed around 300 bilateral projects under Cooperation Agreements of ASM.
CIP provides managerial, technical, financial and legal assistance to scientific community of Moldova within the overall projects cycle-life in all research and innovation fields.
Following to signing the Memorandum of Understanding between the European Union and the Republic of Moldova on the association of the Republic of Moldova to the Seventh Framework Programme of the European Community for research, technological development and demonstration activities (2007-2013), from October 2011, CIP was officially nominated by ASM to contribute to the implementation of the status of associated country by establishing and assurance the functionality of institutional platform which include:
- Providing administrative and financial management of Moldovan NCP network, as NCP Host Institution;
- Supporting the participation of Moldovan representatives to Programme Committee meetings;
- Creation, supporting and managing the activity of Moldovan Office for Science and Technology (MOST) in Brussels, member of IGLO Network;
- Promoting the activities and services within EURAXESS Pan-European Network, being EURAXESS BHO, SC and LoCP;
- Assisting the R&D Institutions to implement principles of European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
Currently CIP continue implementation of above activities within the EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation HORIZON 2020 to which Republic of Moldova is associated from 2014.