PEARL Program: Attracting Leading Researchers from Abroad to Luxembourg
With the PEARL programme, the FNR offers Luxembourg research institutions attractive funding to enable them to draw established and internationally recognised researchers from abroad to Luxembourg.
Through the recruitment of outstanding scientists in strategically important areas, the FNR aims to accelerate the development and strengthening of Luxembourg’s national research priorities.
DURATION & FUNDING SPECIFICS
PEARL projects have a lifespan of five years with a financial contribution of between 3-4 MEUR by the FNR. The financial contribution can be used flexibly to implement the research programme at the host institution.
In the 2022 Call, the FNR expects to be able to fund 1 – 2 PEARL positions.
Proposals must be submitted jointly by the candidate and the host institution, but PEARL also allows for the submission of a proposal where the candidate is still to be recruited. This is reserved for particularly strategic positions within a host institution (e.g. Head of Department) only.
All applications have to be submitted through the FNR online Grant Management System.
- 12 October 2021 14:00 (CET)Deadline for the submission of pre-proposals
- October – December 2021Strategic Merit Assessment by PEARL standing panel and shortlisting of proposals
- 15 February 2022 14:00 (CET)Deadline for the submission of full proposals
- February – April 2022Evaluation of proposal by at least 4 international experts in the field and written feedback to applicants
- May – June 2022Interview sessions with expert panel to obtain funding recommendation
- June – July 2022The final funding decision by the Board of Administration of the FNR and communication to applicants