Autorité nationale pour la recherche scientifique (Roumanie) (ANCS)
The National Authority for Scientific Research (ANCS) is the specialised organisation of the central public administration applying the strategies and programmes of the Romanian Government in the field of R&D and responsible with the implementation and promotion of the 7th Framework Programme in Romania.
ANCS exercises the following functions:
- political - the function to present and harmonise the political viewpoint regarding the research-development and innovation field;
- strategic - by which it strategically plans and ensures the elaboration and implementation of the policies in the field of research-development and innovation;
- administrative - by which it forecasts, plans, assigns, monitors and evaluates the use of resources for the implementation of the policies in the field;
- monitors, evaluates and controls the policies in the field of research, development and innovation;
- elaborates the normative and methodological framework, functional, operational and financial framework in which the policies in the field are carried out;
- communication both with the other structures of the public administration and with the civil society and the citizens;
- international co-operation - which ensures the application of international agreements in the related field and the promotion of new agreements;
- state authority – which ensures the monitoring and control of the settlements in its filed;
- representing – which ensures, on behalf of the Government, its representation in national, regional and international bodies and organizations, as a state authority for its field.
The statute of National Authority for Scientific Research is settled by the Governmental Decision no. 1449/17th November 2005.