Postdoctoral Fellow in Education at the Center for Psychometrics and Measurement in Education
The Higher School of Economics Center for Psychometrics and Measurement in Education in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of Education.
About HSE University
The Higher School of Economics (HSE University) is a young, dynamic and fast-growing Russian research university. Over the past 25 years, HSE University has become a leader in Russian education, while also being recognized globally.
For instance, we were the first state-run university in Russia to begin recruiting on the international academic market. We aim at being a university with a highly attuned approach to training new professionals. Therefore, we are eager to hire people with real experience, as well as basic and applied knowledge. Committed to high-quality research, HSE University now has more than 100 research institutes and centers and over 30 international research laboratories collaborating with international specialists from all over the world.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: Education, Psychology, Sociology, and Psychometrics
- a strong background in research, measurement, and data analysis
- ability to work in a team
- fluent English
- relevant experience is an asset although not required
The job involves
- working under the direct supervision of Prof. Elena Kardanova and senior researcher Ekaterina Orel.
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on Center for Psychometrics and Measurement in Education research projects in five broad areas:
- Social and emotional skills, motivation and well-being,
- Cognitive and non-cognitive predictors of successful schooling in primary school (iPIPS and iPIPS+ project),
- International comparative study of undergraduate performance,
- Test development for complex construct measurement (e.g. critical thinking, creativity etc.)
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Center for Monitoring the Quality in Education
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Center’s development
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Appointments are normally made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times).
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan; a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via an online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiring Center for Psychometrics and Measurement in Education may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is February 9, 2020.
For more information
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship - Frequently Asked Questions
- about HSE university – official web-site
- about the Center for Psychometrics and Measurement in Education – visit official web-site of the Center or contact Elena Kardanova directly
- about international specialists' life in Moscow - International Faculty Support page
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com