FMSH ASSOCIATE DIRECTORS OF STUDIES PROGRAMME (DEA)┋IMPEDED RESEARCH
The FMSH reinforces its mission to support intellectual communities evolving in countries marked by various obstacles to academic freedom. This call is dedicated to applications from researchers whose fields and research are impeded.
Created in 1975 through the initiative of Fernand Braudel, in agreement with the Secretary of State for Universities, Directorate of Higher Education and Research, the Associate Directors of Studies (DEA) program is the oldest international mobility program of the Fondation Maison des Sciences de l'Homme. It enables foreign scientific professionals from all continents to be invited for a period of four to six weeks to support their work in the SHS in France, as well as to promote creation of international research networks and contact with researchers on site.
A monthly allowance of €3 400 is awarded for transport and living expenses. In addition, FMSH provides support for visa applications and logistics (accommodation and access to libraries).
- The program is intended exclusively for holders of university professorships or equivalent positions in higher education and research institutions.
- Candidates must be under 65 years of age at the time of their stay.
- Working under difficult conditions and being impeded in his/her research work.
Evaluation process and criteria
The projects will be evaluated with regard to the following elements:
- The scientific quality of the project and the method developed
- The need to come to France to work on the planned project
- The feasibility of the project during the 4/6 weeks stay in France
Once evaluated, the applications will be selected by a commission composed of members of the Executive Board and scientific directors of the FMSH and specialists from outside the foundation.
The results will be communicated to applicants no later than March 2023.
Contents of the application and Calendar
- A curriculum vitae of 4 pages maximum (including date of birth)
- A list of scientific publications
- A 4-5 pages research project with proposed dates of stay in France and a bibliography
- A detailed work plan including the contacts to be made in France, archives and libraries to be consulted, stages of the survey to be undertaken, etc.
- A letter explaining the situation in which the candidate is and the reasons for which the realization of his/her research is hindered. This information will be strictly confidential and anonymized as part of the expertise of the application.
Applicants are invited to submit their application online no later than November 21, 2022, 5:00 p.m. (Paris time), written in French or English.
Applications must be submitted on the platform: http://programmes.msh-paris.fr.
On the platform, in your online application for the DEA program, please indicate the year of the call: "2023" then session of the call: "DEA-recherches entravées 2023".
- Opening of the call: September 5, 2022
- Deadline for application: November 21, 2022, 5:00 (Paris time)
- Selection process: December 2022 to February 2023
- Announcement of the results: March 2023
- Duration of the fellowship: From 1 month up to 6 weeks
- Stays starting date: From January 1 until November 15 2022 the latest
- From July 15 until August 31 (university vacations), stays are not possible
For further information or if you encounter difficulties, contact firstname.lastname@example.org