IMÉRA Interdisciplinary Explorations Programme┋ILCB/IMéRA Chair
The ILCB/IMERA Chair concerns confirmed researchers presenting a project on the theme "language, communication and the brain".
The Institute of Language, Communication and the Brain (ILCB) consists of 10 research units (LPL, LPC, INS, INT, LNC, ISM, LIS, LIA, I2M, PRISM) and 8 experimental platforms (IRMf, MEG, EEG, TMS, primatology, virtual reality, baby lab, speech experimentation center). It brings together around 200 statutory researchers at the Aix-Marseille-Avignon campus. ILCB’s scientific project focuses on the cerebral and cognitive bases of language and communication. For this, the ILCB brings together the knowledge acquired in the various concerned disciplines: linguistics, neurosciences, psychology, computer science, mathematics and medicine. In particular, the ILCB intends to study the production and perception of language not only in a controlled context, but also to open up new perspectives for the study of its use in more natural contexts. The ILCB also has an experimental support system with a service dedicated to data analysis and processing, made of 5 engineers in scientific computing and experimentation.
Under this call, the proposed project should be interdisciplinary, focusing on the cerebral and cognitive bases of language or communication, and preferably be based on a collaboration between several units of the ILCB.
The holder of the chair must develop these research themes and ensure sufficient visibility through a series of public conferences.
- Deadline : 17 October 2021 at 1 pm (french time)
- Duration of residences: 10 months (preferably)
- Residence periods: 4 September 2023 to 5 July 2024 (10 months)
Applications are open to experienced researchers of all disciplines.
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Not to have lived in France more than 12 months during the three years preceding this call for applications.
- Hold a Doctorate or PhD.
- Have an employment contract (permanent or not) in a foreign university or research institution during the residency.
- Carry out a research project in connection with the theme “Language, Communication and Brain”.
REMUNERATION AND ACCOMMODATION
The holder of the Chair receives a monthly allowance of 3000 euros.
She/he will also benefit from paid travel expenses and free accommodation on IMéRA premises.
Application assessment criteria include, but are not limited to:
- Candidate's course.
- Research project.
- Interdisciplinary component.
- Interaction perspective with BLRI research centres: LPL (UMR 7309), LPC (UMR 7290), LIF (UMR 7279), LNC (UMR 7291), INT (UMR 7289), LIA (EA 4128), INS (INSERM 1106), LSIS (UMR 6168), I2M (UMR 7373), ISM (UMR 7287)
- Scientific excellence and originality of the proposed series of public conferences (a key selection criterion).
Online applications must include:
- Duly completed application form (mandatory fields);
- Files to be downloaded:
- Curriculum Vitae with a list of publications.
- Presentation of research project (maximum 5 pages) with selective bibliography.
- A letter of support from an Aix-Marseille University researcher or associate/assistant professor OR a letter of motivation clearly explaining the interest for the candidate to interact with Aix-Marseille University’s laboratories and to lead a project from Aix-Marseille.