ERA4CS Joint Call on Researching and Advancing Climate Services Development
The overall objective of this call is to enhance user adoption of and satisfaction with Climate Services (incl. adaptation services). Improving the quality of Climate Services is also within the scope of this call. At the same time ERA4CS aims to improve the scientific expertise on Climate Change risks and adaptation options, and to connect that knowledge with decision-making, e.g. by developing and assessing climate adaptation strategies and pathways at different scales (regions, cities, catchments, vulnerable sectors, etc.).
To improve user adoption of and satisfaction with CS, the overall aim is to research and advance CS development by supporting scientific research for developing better tools, methods and standards on how to produce, transfer, communicate and use reliable climate information to cope with current and future climate variability and change across national boundaries.
The present joint call will be financed by ERA4CS partners from 18 countries, contributing either by cash funding or by in-kind re-sources, plus co-funding from the European Commission (Grant Agreement reference 690462). A total budget of about 72 Mio € has been provisionally allocated for this call to support 3 years research projects.
Proposal should address only one of the following Topic (A or B), if compliant with eligibility:
Topic A- Advanced co-development with users, supported in cash by 13 national Research Funding Organisations (RFOs)
- A.1: Research in support of the development and deployment of Climate Services
- A.2: Integration and application of Climate Science for decision making
- A.3: Research for co-development of advanced Climate Services
Topic B - Institutional integration between 30 predetermined Research Performing Organisations (RPOs)
- B.1: Development of new methods and tools
- B.2: Impacts studies and models
- B.3: Localisation of climate information and evaluation of uncertainties
- Opening Date of the Call: 1 March 2016
- Launch Event of submission portal at Adaptation Futures Conference: 10 May 2016
- Closing date for step-one proposals for Topic A: 15 June 2016
- Closing date for step-one proposals for Topic B: 15 July 2016
- Step-two invitation: 15 September 2016
- Closing date for submission of step-two proposals: 15 November 2016
- Communication of final results: February 2017
- Start of projects: Spring 2017
- End of projects: Spring 2020